Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Optical Illusion At Court :-)

This incident happened in Mayo Hall Court in Bangalore, when I had just started my practice and I was getting myself acquainted with the environment...I had made an application for the release of property which was a laptop and a cash of Rs.20,000/-. The Magistrate had called for reports from the Police Station and the matter was adjourned for the day. I went on the next hearing date and the Magistrate had gone on leave. Since I had another matter posted on the same day I did not bother to look upon the next date in the court diary. I came to the court the same day in the evening and checked out the court diary.... to my utter surprise....there was something written as POISON LEAVE on every page of the court diary on that particular day…..I was of the opinion that whenever the Magistrate goes on leave, it would be termed as POISON LEAVE…. A few days later I had a matter posted for hearing in another court… and the Magistrate was on leave… when I checked the court diary.. I discovered the fact that it was not POISON LEAVE it was P.O. (Presiding Officer) IS ON LEAVE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment